Friday, August 17, 2012

Babysittin' the little man...

For the past couple weeks, I’ve kinda been pressuring Tomas and Honza to have a date night…not because I thought they really needed to have some alone time, because I wanted to babysit the little man!


So, last night I got my chance!! Or, I should say, last night Tomas and Honza had an opportunity to have some alone time and I willingly obliged to be their baby-sitter.

Oh my goodness. Jáchym is the coolest. I love that little guy. Minus the 4 diaper changes I had to do in a 20 minute span (man that kid can poop!), he was an angel. He was awake much of the time, but didn’t fuss a bit. He and I were just hanging out having little conversations with each other.  Well, I was doing most of the talking. It was heaven.


Having the opportunity to spend time with the baby I carried for 9 months really means a lot to me. I know I use the word “amazing” too much, but really, that word is a good one to describe the feelings I have regarding everything as it relates to this new family, to what I helped create. I think about what it took to bring him into this world and I am truly mesmerized by it. I’m in awe at this little creature that is so loved and so remarkable.  Man…my heart is full.  I’m so lucky to have been a part of this.

Yesterday (August 16th) was kind of a cool day for Mr Jáchym…every day of the year in the Czech Republic is someone’s name day ("svátek" for those of you that speak Czech). So, in addition to your birthday every year, you get a name day too, another reason to celebrate (how cool, huh?).  August 16th is the name day for Jáchym!  I asked the guys what would happen if you had a name that didn’t have a day associated with it….and they said that pretty much doesn’t happen.  You wouldn’t name a child a name that didn’t have a day.  So no one would ever name their kid "Jesse" in the Czech Republic (dang!) ...but this whole thing is pretty interesting, huh?  Hey, any day to have a reason to get some presents is a good thing to me!  Here is a list of all the names and the date associated with it.

As you’ve learned from this post, yes the guys are all still in the US. However, the time for them to leave is coming.  Really soon.  Like next week.  Ugh.  There’s a possibility that they may have to push back their departure by a couple days-they’ll know for sure today.  I totally wish they could push back their departure by a few weeks.  Months.

I can’t write about them leaving because I become a blubbering mess. So, I will leave that post for another time.  Just know that even the thought of them not being here makes me cry instantly.

4 comments:

  1. Awwww! What a big day for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i can't believe ALL that hair!!! how lovely to spend the quality time :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Name day is super cool! I want a Jeni Day! Both you and little man look so great and I think we all completely understand your feelings about this journey. You're right...it's nothing short of amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I shall celebrate on Nov 20 for Nikola. What a great opportunity for some one-on-one conversation and snuggles with the little guy. I am glad you had that time together.

    ReplyDelete