Saturday, August 25, 2012

It's Not "Goodbye"...It's "See You Soon"

Today, I said goodbye to Tomas, Honza and Jáchym.

I knew it would be hard. 

And it was.

I was fortunate enough to feed the baby once more and change one more diaper.   The last little cuddle I got with him today is one I'll treasure forever.

I can't tell you how happy I am, though, that they are finally cleared to go home (they received the good news yesterday!).  As sad as it makes me feel that I won't be able to spend more time with them, the fact that the grandmas and grandpas, aunts and uncles and all the other family baby Jáchym has yet to meet will be able to see this little miracle of a child...and that warms my heart. 

The kids got to hold him one last time...






And I got one last photo with 3 of my favorite guys...


Tomas, Honza and Jáchym, we all miss you already!!  And remember...it's not "Goodbye"....it's "See You Soon".  Love you!

6 comments:

  1. Aww, I can't imagine what you're going through. I know your head is telling you it's time for this family you made to go home and start their real life, but it sounds like your heart is in open rebellion. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm crying for you, Jess. This is by far the most difficult part and each moment from here on out will get easier and easier.

    By the way, you look absolutely FAB in that picture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful post, Jesse. Job well done. Be Proud. Be SO proud of such an amazing thing you have done.

    "Don't cry because its over....smile because it happened"

    Xoxo girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You made me cry, but I know that you are taking comfort in the fact that your men get to be a family. And I love Andrea's quote. I'm sure the guys will keep in touch. It sounds like you had a great relationship with them so keep us updated on how they're doing. We love the family YOU helped to create.

    ReplyDelete
  5. awwww. love it. i especially love the last photo! hugs to you guys as you get back to "normal" life and they adjust to the new normal.
    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the photos of your kids and Jachym and that last one your smile is so lit up. You fulfilled your dream of surrogacy! It went amazingly well and the guys will surely keep in touch and you'll get to watch Jachym grow and grow. It's amazing how close one can feel with the technology we have. In another time, things could be so different and feel more closed off.

    I'm so proud of you and so in awe of the little miracle you and the guys helped to create.

    ReplyDelete