Tuesday, August 7, 2012

My Due Date...

Today was my due date.

And it’s a bittersweet day for me.

On one hand, I’m so very happy I was able to put Jáchym in the arms of his new daddies a little early. Seeing them together as a family has been one of the most rewarding experiences of my life. Tomas and Honza are complete naturals when it comes to parenting. I know a thing or two about having a newborn and I can say, without a doubt, that they were meant to be daddies.

On the other hand (and I’m going to be a bit selfish for a moment so please bear with me), I miss being pregnant. I really, truly do. I was putting away all my maternity clothes the other day and I won’t lie, I shed a tear. Maybe two. (But give it up for me on being back in my pre-preggo clothes, eh??  Holla!)

When I was nearing the end of my pregnancy, people would ask me how I was feeling. Every so often I would say “I’m done”.

I wish I could take that back.

I wasn’t done. Regardless of the nasty heat, the swelling and inability to move without grunting, I really did love being pregnant. I loved knowing that I was caring for a little unborn miracle and doing my part to help create a family. Sure, I loved that moment that he came into this world, but a little part of me just wishes I could still be pregnant.

Plus, maternity clothes are comfy. Screw the zippers and buttons on jeans; I want my full panel back!

2 comments:

  1. Honey, I'm 9 months postpartum and I STILL miss being pregnant! :-)

    Putting your maternity clothes away?!?!?! I'm sticking my tongue out at you right now.

    For now, let's both just zip up our oh so uncomfortable regular jeans, and PRAY that one day, we will both be back in the glorious land of full panel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. *hugs* I don't have the right words to say but I am thinking about you and love you.

    ReplyDelete