Friday, August 10, 2012

The Wisconsin State Fair

(Let's take a walk down memory lane for a sec--check out the post I did last year about the WI State Fair here)


Ah, the State fair...A place for chocolate dipped bacon on a stick, rides that I would never think of getting near, carnival employees that scare the bejesus out of me and people wearing jeans from 1987.

Yes, the jeans scare the bejesus out of me too.

So last weekend we decided to hit up this fantastic little gem in the heart of southeast Wisconsin.  It turned out to be the busiest day of the fair.

Observe:

Now, one may think that this may not be a challenge.  Lots of people?  Just go with the crowd. 

Or run them all down.

Yeah.  Notsomuch considering we had the following in our caravan:

4 adults (me, mother in law, Tomas and Honza)
1 six year old (Elliot)
1 four year old (Emerson)
1 three year old (London)
1 infant (Jáchym)

The best behaved?  Jáchym, of course.  He did this:

The entire time.

PS-couldn't you just die?  Is he not the cutest??

Okay, back to the fair--

The kids (and Tomas) went fishing...


...and won the most expensive plastic balls ever.  Seriously, carnie girl with the "I really just want to go back to my trailer and do tequila shots with the guy that runs the ferris wheel" attitude, would you let my kids play the game for a little more than 18 seconds??  Oh, and the fact that I just paid four bucks a pop (times 3, mind you) for that 18 seconds and the prize was a plastic ball that deflated itself on the way home does not make me a happy mommy.  Just sayin'.

The kids rode some plastic ponies...


They drove around a bit...



And got some help with a game from a very competitive gent... (and won, of course)


Yes, that's Honza helping Elliot beat out other kids at the "shoot water into the little hole and blow up a balloon" game.  It is this very moment that I was so pleased Honza is an eye surgeon.  And EXTREMELY precise.

We all had a great time with "the boys"...


I'm glad they were able to witness all that Wisconsin has to offer including the ill-favored fashion, the endless forms of fried food on a stick and most importantly, the cream puff...

6 comments:

  1. Jachym's hair is amazing! I've never had a cream puff but I'm guessing I would like it. It's cool to see how good the boys are with your kids :)
    K

    ReplyDelete
  2. All the kids are so cute! T and H and that cream puff look pretty darn good too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. what did they guys think of the cream puffs?!!?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They liked them!! :) They had gotten a few extra and left some for my family...but funny how they disappeared before I got to try any...

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks like a fun day, despite the crowd and the mullets I'm sure you had to avoid. No farm animals?

    Your kids are growing so fast. Adorable, so so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks like a fun day, despite the crowd and the mullets I'm sure you had to avoid. No farm animals?

    Your kids are growing so fast. Adorable, so so adorable!

    ReplyDelete