Thursday, September 6, 2012

6 Weeks Old!!

May I present to you a very cute 6-week old....


Is he precious or what??  Man, I just want to squeeze those cheeks!

The guys tell me all is well back at home.  They're settling back into a routine and Tomas and Honza are loving every second of fatherhood (how could you not with a kid that cute??). 

Me, well I'm doing great!  I was supposed to have my 6-week post-partum check up today but I had to reschedule it due to a bit of an issue with my tooth.  Let's just say I'm looking forward to a nice $4,000 dental implant next week.  Yes, that's one tooth.  Be jealous.  (I will get you more on that story in a few...here's your teaser:  bungee cord)

Besides that, I really am doing great!  Emotionally I'm MUCH better than I was a few weeks ago.  It was sure tough to say goodbye to the guys, but knowing that I'll see them again makes it easier to deal with.  We were able to Skype with them last week and it's always great to "see" them.  Yeah, I wish I could have them over for beer and pizza, but we'll be able to do that again some day...

Physically, I'm awesome.  I've been walking every day, watching what I eat and overall I feel fantastic!  Hearing the words "you look great" on a semi-regular basis sure feels pretty damn good.

Oh, and as of this morning, I had 2.8 gallons (364 ounces) of breast milk stored up!!  (for those on the metric system, that's 10.7 liters).  That's a lot, eh??  I've been working hard on pumping and it feels so awesome to have that much stored up.  I will be donating it to a preemie milk bank and feel pretty great about that.  My plan is to continue for a few months--sure, it takes up a lot of time and it's slightly annoying to have to wake up in the middle of the night to pump, but if I can help some preemie babies out, that's all worth it to me.

So, the 6 week mark is pretty great overall.  Jáchym is growing like a weed, the guys are loving their daddy roles and I'm doing fantastic.  

LIFE
IS
GOOD

8 comments:

  1. Life IS good. That's what it's all about!

    Wonderful update!

    Bungee cord....oh my gawd....that IS a teaser.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your upbeat voice in this post. You are definitely looking good and taking care of your health. Whoa that is a lot of breastmilk pumped. Great job! Helping babies is fantastic. Keep up the good work.

    Sorry to hear how costly your tooth implant will be. Ouch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are an amazing lady for all that you have done to create a new family. I love reading your thoughts and miss you on the boards.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, I'm happy that everyone's happy! Minus the tooth of course. I'm finding more and more that surrogacy is the gift that keeps on giving. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You do look damn good (and so do the little junior!) I love that he starting to look more like person and an infant!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jesse I'm so immpressed not only with your ability to pump but the time and effort that you put forth is unbelievable!Good for you!! I attempted to pump and really struggled with it three years ago when I had to have a tooth extracted and eventually an implant. Nothing like having a large gap in your mouth for three months. By the end of the first week I wanted nothing more then to have that implant ASAP!
    Sorry to hear about your tooth...I hope it was not as painful as your teaser sounds:)

    ReplyDelete