Monday, September 3, 2012

KY, Pork and Fat Ass

Catch your attention, did I?

This weekend was pretty fantastic.  Here's why....

On Thursday night, my friend Cole and her family drove up all the way from Kentucky (KY) to stay for the weekend! If you recall, Cole was the one I met up with in Indianapolis last year (in a Fiat).  Cole and I try to get together at least once a year, if not twice.  We met over 11 years ago and she's pretty awesome.  Though I didn't plan anything too exciting for their stay this past weekend, we still had a super time hanging out.  Good friends are nice to have, ya know?
I'm so very glad you didn't think the KY had anything to do with a certain lubricant.

Here are our children of the corn...
 

From Left to Right:
Kaylee (Cole's child), London, Emerson, Elliot, Joey (Cole's child)

Friday was Elliot's birthday--



That little guy turned 7!!  I offered him his choice of a birthday breakfast and he chose the ever scrumptious Hamburger Helper.  So, the little birthday boy got some cheeseburger macaroni and was as happy as could be!  We had a tiny party planned for him on Sunday, so we didn't celebrate a whole lot on his actual birthday (explaining that to a 7 year old is a little tough...).

Sunday was actually my birthday (I turned 29 again).  It was significantly better than last year.  My day started out with a birthday breakfast made by Elliot:

Peanut butter and banana sandwich.   Oh Yeah.
The day was great--here's why:

PORK FEST
2012

This tiny party I referenced earlier was our first annual PORK FEST and it was a freaking blast.  Okay, so it wasn't a tiny party.  We had a good 80 people there (including a substantial amount of children).  My husband and I have wanted to do a pig roast for some time--we figured this year was the time.

And it was awesome.  A huge success.

Dan, the pig guy, arrived around 8:00 am to start roasting Mr Piggy and he (the pig) was ready to consume at approximately 3:30 pm.  Yes, that's over 6 hours of roasting.  Now, to not offend anyone I shant post a photo of said swine, but do know he was pretty good and perhaps not big enough because by the end of the day, Mr Piggy was gone.  Completely.

What I love about these kind of parties is we bring together people from all over--family from all sides, friends who've never met.  It was pretty fantastic and a damn good day.  Here are some photos...


The PORK FEST EXPRESS with its captain, Elliot.


Love this.  My mom drinking a Smithwicks. 
The woman has had 2 strokes but still knows a good beer when she sees one.


We had a tent.  And tons of people.

Mario, uh, I mean Elliot with his cake.

The house of bounce.

Husband Pyro getting ready to start the bon fire.

For an amateur, my husband put on a darn good fireworks show!
Excuse the blurriness of the left hand side of this photo.  But I thought the fireworks part was kinda neato.

What's a party without your own custom pens?
We have extra-if you want one, e-mail me with your address and it's yours.  Free.

So where does the fat ass fit into all of this? 

Here.


One of the last nights before Tomas and Honza left, we went out for Mexican food and decided (more like I kind of begged) to do a few tequila shots.  The waiter recommended this brand and I must have expressed my liking of it...because the above is what my mother in law got for me for my birthday.  Nice gift, eh?  Yeah, you should totally try it.  It's dang good.

So having friends in town, Elliot's birthday, my birthday and Pork Fest were all pretty awesome.  It was a pretty fantastic weekend. 

7 comments:

  1. AWESOME POST!!! I was saying AWW and laughing throughout! LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy crap, that sounds like so much fun! And the picture of the firework is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy crap, that sounds like so much fun! And that picture of the firework is so cool! It looks like something created at Disney.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We should really make it next year. Miss ya, Tom

    ReplyDelete
  5. sweet party!!! loved the pics :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a blast Pork Fest was! Thanks for including it in our stay. You Wisconsin-ites know how to throw a good party!

    Thanks for the whole weekend. It was so great seeing you, the pyro hubster and the kidlets for the weekend. I couldn't have asked for a better way to spend it. My only wish is that we weren't located so far apart. Joey asked on the way home if we could talk you into moving closer to us.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so sad. I TOTALLY wish I could have been a part of this. Great pictures all around!

    I WANT A PEN!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete