Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Livin' The High Life...Literally.

Today, I was a rock star.

Well, at least I pretended to be one.

I have a new client.  This new client is implementing a really fabulous vision plan on October 1st and today was a fun-filled day of employee enrollment meetings.

Basically I had to stand up in front of a bunch of people and talk about how really great their new vision plan will be.  It really is a great plan, I promise. 

Anyway, the morning meeting was in one part of the state, the afternoon meeting was in another...(red dot on right was the morning, red dot on left was the afternoon)


Naturally, when I first learned of these meetings, I assumed I would be driving the 250+ miles to get to the 2nd meeting.  And then I realized it wasn't going to be possible considering the amount of time it would take to drive this distance, especially since nearly the entire state of Wisconsin is under some form of road construction.

So, how did I manage to do 2 enrollment meetings on opposite sides of this fantastic state today and still get home for dinner??

Private jet, people.

Oh yeah.  My new client is pretty awesome.  They have their own form of air transportation...

What would have taken over 5 hours to drive one-way, took less than half an hour in the air. 

And this was my view for the flight:


Not a bad view for a Tuesday, eh?

The pilots were super nice and gave me the low-down on what they do and how they do it:

No, I did not learn enough to fly a plane.
Would be cool, though.

The cabin was quite comfortable and very schnazzy:


And we didn't even have to turn off our electronic devices!

Finally, during the flight I got to catch up on my new favorite magazine...


Funny how I couldn't find a copy of SkyMall anywhere...

3 comments:

  1. Wow, that's so cool! And you didn't even have to marry a masochistic billionaire with a mysterious past! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super awesome way to travel. Did Jesse greet you at the jet with a red carpet and limo? I think he should have. :)

    ReplyDelete