Wednesday, October 24, 2012

3 Months!

Uh yeah...you read that right. 

3 Months Old.  Baby J├íchym is 3 months old today.

I can't believe it either.

I hear he's just an awesome baby! Tomas and Honza are totally enjoying fatherhood, which makes me one happy girl.  There's no better feeling in the world to know that you had a part in making someone truly happy.

So, how am I doing 3-months post-partum?  Pretty good.  The emotions are no longer all over the place.  I'm back into my groove of working, being a mom/wife and living my "normal" life...but I can't deny that I don't think about the guys/baby every day.  They cross my mind a lot, and when I think about them, I smile.  I'm just so happy to have been a part of something so awesome.

Yup, I'm still a milk machine--pumping 6 times/day!  The milk bank I'm donating to has a 90 day "waiting period" (because I had the Rhogam shot in the hospital) so I'll get my clearance sometime this week.  They just need to do a blood test to make sure all is good.  Once they get the "all clear", I'll ship them all the milk I've pumped to this point.  Yes, I've had to store it all...freezer space has become quite limited.  I'm happy (and quite proud) to say that as of this very moment I have 1,857 ounces (14.5 gallons) of breast milk in my chest freezer (those on the metric system-that's just shy of 55 liters).  My plan is to continue pumping for at least a few more weeks, if not a few more months. 

Okay, okay--onto the good stuff--here is the little guy (who's now a big guy)!

Seriously.  Adorable.

And for comparison's sake...(3 days old):

Though I had nothing to do with his cuteness, I'm still a VERY proud surro mama!

7 comments:

  1. He's getting so big! And man....that's a lot of milk! Go you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm gonna start calling you the Milk Lady :)
    That kid is super cute, glad to hear you're doing well too!
    K

    ReplyDelete
  3. He's SO cute! And SOOOO big! How does that happen so fast?

    ReplyDelete
  4. How on earth did that happen? He just completely grew overnight. Well that felt like overnight anyway. What a handsome boy! I'm happy to hear T&H are digging fatherhood.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jesse what milk bank do you use?? There is a lady at http://viktorygin.blogspot.com/ that cannot seem to find a good breast milk source. I think it is amazing that you are continuing to help others even after the pregnancy part is done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just sent her a message-thanks :)

      Delete