Thursday, October 4, 2012

I expected the Rocky Mountains to be a little rockier than this...



Last weekend I had the pleasure of spending some time with Jeni and her family at her home in Colorado.

And it was pure awesome.

Seriously.

We talked a lot. We ate a lot (I was super scared to jump back on the scale when I got home, but I didn’t do too bad. Just a little bad.). We laughed a lot. 

It was what a girl’s weekend should have been. No disappointments.

Jeni was kind enough to let me stay with her in her beautiful home. Her daughter gave up her awesome room (and really comfy bed) for me for the weekend (thanks, Skyler!!). Her other daughter (Savannah) showed me some pretty slick dance moves. Jeni’s kids pretty much rock hardcore.

One night I was able to meet a fellow Circle surrogate-she was uber cool. She’s waiting for her transfer with an international gay couple—so she, Jeni and I had lots and lots to talk about. It’s always cool to meet up with people that hang out in the same awesome little world as what you do. I want to publicly wish her the best of luck with her transfer!!

Jeni and I are alike in many many ways (it's kinda scary, actually) however there’s one thing we disagree on:


Jeni (the driver...left side) is always cold.  Always.  I'm hot (temperature wise, kids).  Thank the Lord for dual climate control in the vehicle.  Had she had total control, I would have had to have taken Skyler or Savannah's bicycle everywhere...and exercising while on vacation is not fun for Jesse.  Good thing I packed my walking/running shoes because I used them never.

I knew we were going to go to a Stomp show on Sunday. What I didn’t know is how sucky our seats would be. So note:


Yeah. That’s the stage right in front of us.  FRONT ROW. (and for those of you that have no idea about the amount of sarcasm I can produce, “sucky” is hardly in the realm of a word I would use). It was amazeballs. Seeing Stomp is pretty awesome in itself. Seeing it from the front row was the coolest ever. We could see the sweat pouring off my new boyfriends’ face. Yes, I have a new boyfriend. I’d certainly love to provide you a photo of us together, but he’s touring with Stomp right now so you’ll have to wait. 

We may have very well had a Dog the Bounty Hunter sighting:


Okay, that really isn't Mr. Chapman, but it was close enough.

On Monday, Jeni and I became movie stars. I’ll dangle that little carrot for you but I promise I’ll supply you with my copy of the final product once it’s completed. :)

I’m headed into the absolute busiest time for my work, so a girls weekend was just what I needed to chill out and relax before the start of hell week (times at least 12 weeks).

Jeni, thank you to you and your family for your wonderful hospitality. I had the best time ever and can’t wait to come back!!

5 comments:

  1. Awww. Good times my friend. Such great memories. I know you said this was a once a year deal but I fully intend to prove you're a LIAR!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pictures! You girls are wild!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's awesome! Movie stars = "Girls Gone Wild"...

    ReplyDelete