Sunday, November 4, 2012

Gone

This was the house I grew up in:



And here it is today:


Gone.
Razed.
Demo'd to make a parking lot.

I knew it was coming, I did. 

But I wasn't prepared enough.

As I drove past the ruins this morning, my heart sank.  My heart cried.  I cried.  I sobbed.

I have so many memories of my house.  MY house. 

I have photos of my first day home from the hospital after I was born...in that house.

I have photos of my first day of kindergarten...in that house.

I have photos from the night before my wedding...in that house.

I have photos of years worth of Christmas Eve celebrations...in that house.

I have photos of my mom and I...in that house.

And now there's nothing. 

Nothing left...
...but a lonely bird house...

Which I now have.

It's all I have.  They never called me.  They said they would.  They said they would let me in one last time.

But they didn't.

So now all I have left is the memories.  The memories of my house...

...which is gone forever.

4 comments:

  1. I am SO SO sorry Jesse!!! I know there is nothing anyone can say to make the pain go away.. Cherish the memories you have in your childhood home. Thinking of you! HUGS :'(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry and heartbroken for you. I know how much that house means to you. You have your memories with you always of that house and all the great times shared there. I'm happy that you have such wonderful childhood memories, that speaks to the wonderful parents & upbringing you had. I wish I could take your pain away or rewind time so this didn't happen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not sure why, but the pictures aren't working lately. I wonder if it's a blogspot glich.

    Anyway, I'm so sorry. It must be so strange and sad.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, my gosh. Now I see the pictures. Wow. So, strange!

    ReplyDelete