Thursday, March 28, 2013

Half Celebration

Do you celebrate half's?  Half anniversaries, half birthdays, perhaps?

Yeah, we don't either.

Until this year.

A couple weeks ago I was pampering myself a bit at my favorite salon when I got a text message from my husband that read "Let me know when you're 2 minutes from home".

So, when I was about 2 minutes from home, I called him and I was instructed to pull down the driveway, but not to pull in my normal spot...I was told to stop before that and he would then direct me to what my next step was.

So, I did as I was told, with one eyebrow raised the entire time.

He greeted me at my car, instructed me to close my eyes, grabbed my hand and led me to the house.

Yes, I was freaked out.  I had NO clue what he was doing.  Did he paint a wall some funky color?  Did he invite people over for dinner?  Did he make dinner?

None of the above.

I walked into my house, opened my eyes and heard "Happy Half Birthday, Mom!!!"

We were celebrating my half birthday.  A day I would have never even thought twice of.

And it was pretty special.


I got some cards... (A present, too!!)

There were balloons...

Party Favors...

Even half a cake!!

The kids, Jesse and I had a nice time celebrating something we wouldn't normally.  My husband can be quirky and goofy, but this kind of stuff is pretty awesome to me. 

Now I have to think of a "half" celebration I can spring on him!

9 comments:

  1. How awesome is that?! What a cool surprise, and so fun and thoughtful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man! You have one awesome husband! I'm so impressed by all the big ways he has celebrated you recently. How fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How awesome! I don't think I could do the math to figure out my half birthday. Seriously. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How wonderful. It's things like that that will be remembered by everyone for years and years to come.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! How sweet and very, very thoughtful! What a great guy! :) Happy 1/2 b-day!

    ReplyDelete